Re: [TV] bleb.org needs to move

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 06:49:54PM +0000, simon wrote:

> Here's an off the wall idea and not completely thought out......
>
> Is there a way of distributing the bandwidth by a number of us
> volunteering to co-host the site at the end of our broadband links ?
> Almost like a distributed processing idea ?

Interesting idea. Something similar's been discussed for handling
outages etc. It's possible in theory, I'd guess.

> I can't think how you can do it at the moment because you'd need it to
> appear as one site at the user end whilst being distributed amongst the
> co-hosts....

Some form of round-robin DNS would be the easiest, I imagine. Advanced
load balancing isn't necessary:

    http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/79

Still got the issue of co-ordination, but this should be doable by
splitting the channels up across 'n' sites, and then (perhaps) rsync
replication.

Cheers,

Andrew

--