Re: [TV] e4

In list.comp.tv, Andy wrote:

> I've got around the html entities problem for now, so it's not such an issue
> - basically I try to load the file into a DOMDocument, if it doesn't load
> then I grab the responseText and do a find/replace of the known entities
> (the only ones I've found so far are &pound, &eacute, and &shy, has anyone
> come across any others?) with the appropriate character code, and then
> attempt to load the string back into the DOM.

Sounds messy. I still intend to look at UTF-8, but admit to it not being
at the top of the TODO list.

> A couple of questions about the feed:
>
> Do you have plans to provide the E4 schedule in the tv2 feed? I notice you
> have it in the original /tv feed...(or are you keeping the best ones for
> yourself:-) !!!

Ahh no, that should be in there - in fact, there's an XML file defining
it, so it not showing up is a bug.

> Is it correct that the last programme on each channel has no <end> or
><duration> node?

That's a good point - in my earlier description I said each programme
MUST have <end> OR <duration>; however, you're right, it may not (due to
the way listings are parsed)

> and if I'm using the system after midnight, after what time can I assume
> that the 0 directory will contain the next day's schedule?

The schedules are updated (in /tv2/) around 6am, and the initial step is
shifting the existing directories down (ie. 0 -> -1, 1 -> 0, 2 -> 1
etc.). Therefore, at 6am the directories will contain the correct data,
but '6' may be out of sync whilst the data is regenerated. The whole
structure should be valid by about 6.30am.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxx  |  http://www.bleb.org/