XML File idea

I doubt this information is available, however...

I have a little homemade system that downloads radio schedules and parses them for programs I might be interested in. It then creates a schedule to automatically record such programs. However, it can't tell whether the program is a repeat of one I've already recorded. It occurs to me that the best way to tell would be if the XML had a unique Program Id field (eg 'first broadcast on'). the I could avoid recording Saturday's News Quiz if I had already recorded Fridays.

I thought searching on the description might do but it often says 'repeated at ...' or 'repeat of ...' so two broadcasts of the same show have different descriptions. Also, the News Quiz often has descriptions like "topical quiz show" to describe different episodes.

Are unique IDs available for broadcasts?

Regards,

--- Alistair.