[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Transcoding (to XMLTV) and bulk downloads now available [beta]
- To: tvdevel@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Transcoding (to XMLTV) and bulk downloads now available [beta]
- From: Andrew Flegg <andrew@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:06:28 +0000
- Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:07:01 +0000
- Envelope-to: tvdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
As promised here:
...there are is now a bulk-download and transcoding to XMLTV interface
available. This is still very beta, but seems to work OK.
*** COMMENTS/TESTING DEFINITELY REQUIRED ***
In time this may become the preferred/only way of downloading the data.
The seperate files are available at http://www.bleb.org/tv/data/listings/
and the new transcoding interface can be seen at:
eg. in shell script:
# Get yesterday's, today's and tomorrow's listings in XMLTV format
wget -U 'My TV Fetching application (andrew@xxxxxxxx)' \
-O 'bleb-xmltv.bz2' \
* John Knottenbelt and Chris Moore for their XSLT work
* Jonathan Gorham for suggestions and helpful code.
If anyone's got a way of testing this with XMLTV applications (whether
that's MythTV or some viewer), I'd be very interested to hear about it
via the mailing list.
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxx | http://www.bleb.org/